[PythonCE] Build environment for PythonCE

Stewart Snyder stewart at elkhornvalleypacking.com
Fri Jun 15 17:47:57 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to write a small .dll extension for PythonCE for a Windows
Mobile 2003 device; just something to allow me to use SHFullScreen,
SIPShowIM, etc.  I think I've got the environment mostly set up, but
when I try using

#include "Python.h"

I get a series of 8 errors along the lines of "linkage specification
contradicts earlier specification for 'asctime'", and the same again for
ctime, clock, gmtime, and a few other time functions.  These errors all
originate from the armv4\time.h header file.

My build environment is as follows:

Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0
Microsoft PocketPC 2003 SDK
Python/PythonCE 2.5 source

I assume I need to change a flag or compiler option somewhere, but I'm
out of ideas for where to look.  Anyone else know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Stewart