[PythonCE] General questions

alexandre.delattre at enst-bretagne.fr alexandre.delattre at enst-bretagne.fr
Sun Oct 21 16:19:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

by USB Master, I guess you mean USB Host, some Acer models like my
n321 have this feature so you can plug an usb stick or hard disk to
access data.

As far as I know, communications with PythonCE can be made :

  - by network, using the standard socket module (useful for wifi)
  - by serial port, using the port of pyserial, ceserial
(http://www.problemboard.com/dl/ceserial.zip), this works for real
serial port and bluetooth serial port profile.

If you want to stick with USB, I think you should try to create a
virtual serial port for usb with the driver given at
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm (don't know if it works for
all devices) and use ceserial. Or maybe there's some drivers to setup
ip over usb, then you can use the regular socket module.

Regards,
Alexandre