[PythonCE] DLL hourglass in ctypes

John Hampton pacopablo at pacopablo.com
Wed Aug 13 04:44:48 CEST 2008

Brad Clements wrote:
<snip>
> I think according to the Windows CE compatibility guide, you're supposed
> to show the hourglass until your application is "ready for user input".
>
> I believe it's up to the application .py file, not any libraries or
> interpreter, to make the Busy(0) call.
>
> Only the application author knows how many modules need to be loaded and
> when the application really has "started".

I'll admit to being completely out of my league when it comes to how
windows CE development should be done, however, I do like the idea of
being able to leave the hourglas running until I'm "ready for input".
I'm in the midst of creating a scanning application that will be loading
quite a few modules, and it would be nice to have the visual clue that
the user needs to wait.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to turn on the hourglass when
entering a method that may take a while to complete. (I'm sure there is
probably an easy way to do this, I'm just not familiar with it yet.)

-John