[PythonCE] PythonCE on Windows CE 6.0

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 08:34:00 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Gadget Steve (HM) <GadgetSteve at hotmail.com

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve.

Have been reading up a bit on the WinCE / WinMobile .CAB file structure, and
looks like _setup.xml is unfortunately not the only place where the
MaxVersion parameter is stored. Apparently, there is an older mechanism of
storing such parameters in a binary file, still used for backward
compatability reasons. This brings me back to the point of needing a tool,
or a "right way" of doing this. So, 7Zip method may have to wait (as last
resort).

For the moment, I'm somewhat hopeful of having found a potential solution in
form of a tool specifically meant to do this type of WinCE .CAB file
editing. It is a  WinCECABManager.exe, a commercial tool, but hopefully will
allow me to edit it. There are some other, convoluted mechanisms using some
command-line tools, but that require Visual-Studio 2005 with the CE dev
environment plugins etc., which I don't have :-(

Shall share an update here.

--
regards,
BD