[Python.NET] Do assemblies need to be placed into the GAC

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Wed Oct 29 09:30:34 EST 2003

> I'd like to use PythonNet to script some .NET assemblies we have. Must I
> place these into the GAC? I've tried to put the python script
> into the same
> directory as the assembly DLL but this doesn't work:

Hi Felix -

Right now to import an assembly it either needs to be in the GAC
or in the "application directory" or a subdirectory thereof.

When running python, the application directory is the directory
where python.exe lives, not the place where the script you are
running lives.

One of the things I want to do for the final is see if there is
a way to have the assembly loader use the python path (sys.path)
when looking for assemblies.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com