[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Re: Mac Python

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 11:22:55 +0200

> More specific to the Mac, there are some changes in 1.5 to event
> handling in the MacOS module. There was short thread on this on
> the pythonmac-sig mailing list a while ago, launched by Jack with
> the Subject:  "[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Incompatible change"
>
> Lookin in my archive, I don't see the definitive summary of what
> Jack decided to do, however, I see a new function: 'SchedParams'
> in the MacOS module and I see it used in EasyDialogs. I had
> assumed, from what I remembered of that discussion, that that was
> replacing 'EnableAppswitch', however I see both of them in MacOS.
>
> What's the plan, Jack ?

MacOS.SchedParams() has indeed replaced EnableAppSwitch, but the latter is
retained for compatibility reasons. But hardly anyone uses it directly (except
Just), it is mainly used by Tkinter and FrameWork and such, so I might take it
out for the final 1.5 release.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm