[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Can Mac Python be embedded?

Just van Rossum just@knoware.nl
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:32:08 +0100

>>Has anyone tried embedding Python in a Mac app?
>
>have a look at:
>http://www.petr.nl/robofog

We currently do this by compiling Python as a single static lib. The
original app is quite old and big and complex; still, embedding Python
wasn't that hard. I think the main problem we had was that the original app
depended on ints being two bytes, where we preferred to stick to
MacPython's 4 byte ints. Oh, and then there was porting the app from Think
to CodeWarrior...

I did some testing with embedding the standard PythonCore shared lib, and
this works as well. I hope to switch to this approach sooner or later. I
would think that this should be possible using the developers release, but
I haven't actually tried this. (Jack: that's what you call the one
containing only the include files, right?)

Just