[Pythonmac-SIG] BBPy?

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:11:26 -0400

At 08:59 -0700 6/14/1999, Joseph J. Strout wrote:
>Yes, I'm with Just on this one.  "Run as Python" was very cool when it was
>the only thing available; it saved having to save the file, switch to the
>finder, and drop it on Python.  But now with Just's Awesome IDE, I never
>use BBEdit and its extensions anymore either.

I can understand that if you don't do much work in other languages.
However, one BBEdit feature that I don't think the IDE has is editing
script files on a server via integrated ftp. If you do much cgi work,
this is incredibly useful as is Anarchie Pro's integration with
BBEdit if you want to open multiple files from the server. I wouldn't
presume to know how hard it would be to incorporate ftp into the IDE,
but it would certainly be a welcome feature.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Database Design/Scripting Languages
mailto://richard@richardgordon.net