[Pythonmac-SIG] blocksize problem? (ftplib)

JoanCarles p Casasín joanca@typerware.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 13:39:13 +0100

Dan Green wrote:

>try
>ftp.storbinary('STOR '+ docname, f, 1)

I've tried. There was only four lines cut. But cut the document anyway.
:~(

>you certainly don't want to write a program that *does* that,

Why? (newbie)
I've noticed it looked to upload the file a lot slower than before, is
this what you're talking about. Excuse me if this is a silly question.

>but what might
>be happening is ftplib is not sending whatever's left over in the file after
>the last block.

looks like ftplib is not sending everything, but if blocks are size 1, I
suppose they can't be smaller...

And ftplib.storlines('STOR '+docname, thedamnfile)
cuts the thing too, and there's no blocksize argument (has it a default
value then)?

>I find it hard to believe nobody's noticed this before, but who knows?

someone?

Thanks as always, (lots of them :)

JoanCarles

:::!!!:::