[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter crashes

Jörg Kantel kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:02:15 +0100

>Maybe a few other people could try electrons.py and let us hear the results so
>we can narrow this down? My guess is that 8.1 is the problem: I got another
>message from someone saying that Tcl/Tk 8.3 is unstable on older macosses.

I tried it on my machine here at the Institute (G3 blue/white, Mac OS
8.6, 16 MB for the Interpreter) and it runs without any problems -
and I clicked to the Interpreter window more than once in and back...
;o)

Maybe this evening I will try it at my machines home (which are
running Mac OS 9.0.4) but I don't expect other results (I've done a
lot of Tkinter work with the new MacPython 2.0 during this weekend at
home. And all worked fine for me. ;o)

HTH
J"org
J"org Kantel               Max-Planck-Institute for the History of Science
Computer-Department	   kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de      joerg@kantel.de
Wilhelmstr. 44     http://www.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/staff/kantel/kantel.html
D-10117 Berlin fon:+4930-22667-220 mobil:+0170-9023970 fax:+4930-22667-299