[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Python on Mac OS X w/shared modules [long]

Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:18:02 +0200

> Quite right - the best option may be to allow for --with-next-framework
> (the configure option) w/o WITH_NEXT_FRAMEWORK (the #define).

Guido favours killing the entire --with-next-framework code - NeXT
would officially not be supported anymore. If this is reworked, I'd
prefer if configure would automatically detect that it is running on
MacOS, and arrange compilation procedure as required.

In any case, with the 2.0 final release so short ahead, it seems
unlikely that MacOS X will be fully supported (including shared
modules) - unless somebody comes up with a patch really quick.

Regards,
Martin