[Pythonmac-SIG] Rated X for (spot)

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 19:46:47 -0700

At 21:45 +0200 8/6/2001, Just van Rossum wrote:
>Speaking of which: isn't this the right time to move the Mac modules to a
>package?! I think it's now or never. It's far too dangerous to have so many
>generic module names around, especially since we're invading an existing
>territory...

Seems like a good idea to me (if it can be done without breaking existing
code...and maybe even then:  we have to learn "from __future__ import xxx"
sometime ;-)  ).

Are we already properly case-conscious in module names?  Sooner or later it
will become viable to use UFS for at least some of Mac OS X's volumes.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA