[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test the 2.2 installer

Steven Majewski sdm7g@Virginia.EDU
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:33:19 -0500 (EST)

  On my iBook, OSX 10.1.2, the install script went ok. When I
did ConfigurePythonCarbon, it seemed to get stuck at building
applets. I gave up after a while, killed it, and restarted it,
and everything seemed fine. Interpreter and IDE both worked:
did testall and EasyDialogs.test from Interp. EasyDialogs.test,
and Module Browser from IDE.
  When the Configure script got  stuck the first time, I was
running pine in Terminal.app window, deleting and emptying
trash from former Python installs, and had IE idle in the
background -- so maybe it was being in the background while
there was a lot of other activity that the configure script
didn't like.
  I think that's a "green light"!
  If you would like me to try it again, either with or without
the extra load, just let me know.

-- Steve