[Pythonmac-SIG] Python.framework under OS X

Sean Hummel hummelsean@mac.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:52:11 -0700

I've been thinking about this too.  However I thought possibly a better
mechanism would be to make Python a Scripting Component, so that anywhere
you could use Applescript, you could instead use Python.     I think this
would be easier for a lot of reasons, primarily because it is so easy to
support Applescript in your applications.

I like your mechanism too, but it seems it would require a lot of work.  (Of
course so does a scripting component.)

Perhaps both types of solutions are needed, because applications tend to
vary so much.