[Pythonmac-SIG] Python.framework under OS X

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:11:47 +0200

I'm working on more-or-less what Tim suggests, I'll answer his message
fuller later this evening (or week), I'd like to finsih 2.1.1 first
(announcement later tonight, hopefully).

Making Python a scripting component is something I looked into a
couple of years ago (maybe even in the 68k days) but I gave up because
at that time scripting components had to be in Yet Another Funny
Shared Library Format. I don't remember the format (ASLM? Component
Manager? Apple is now to about its tenth format, unless we count cdefs
and chooser plugins too, which would make it 20 or so) but insofar as
I was able to understand the documentation there were enough
limitations in the format that I didn't see an easy way to do Python
in it.

If that has changed, and if you can load PythonCore from a scripting
component it shouldn't be all that difficult to create a stub
component that calls the relevant parts of PythonCore.