[Pythonmac-SIG] Python.framework under OS X

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:09:29 -0700

At 10:39 +0200 7/23/2001, Jack Jansen wrote:
>> The attempt to do this with MacPerl failed (Python may be more amenable
>>to it).
>
>John,
>do you know why it failed? Or do you know people who were involved, or mailing
>list archives, etc?

This is back in what counts as pre-history in computer terms.  All I can
see in the email I have readily archived is that mention of the OSA
component form had ceased--in places like release announcements--by
November of 1997.

The work was undertaken by Matthias Neeracher (the Jack Jansen of MacPerl,
as you know).  I remember some use-at-your-own risk releases (which proved
too risky for me), and then a quiet period, and then abandonment.  But I
don't remember details.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA