[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: anybody doing GUI development with Python

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 14:06:37 -0700

At 10:33 PM +0200 6/17/01, Jack Jansen wrote:
>I'm going to investigate the Cocoa Interface Builder shortly, from
>what I've seen of it it looks really really exciting. You build your
>GUI in an interactive program, including the connections between the
>various UI items and classes in your program. The result is an XML
>file that not only describes the UI elements but also these
>interactions. Of course this XML file is editable again.

Recognize that only *some* nib files are XML. Most are stored in an
undocumented binary format.

You might be interested in the PyObjC or the Jython projects as well.

>I'm going to a Cocoa workshop on saturday to get some hands-on
>experience with this stuff, but in the mean time I'd like to hear the
>opinions of others who have worked with Cocoa (or it's NeXT
>predecessor).

Cocoa rocks! :)
--
_Deirdre    Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com    http://deirdre.net
"Cannot run out of time.... Is infinite time. You... are finite....