[Pythonmac-SIG] Gnuplot Installation

Aureli Soria Frisch Aureli.Soria_Frisch@ipk.fhg.de
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:34:51 +0100

At 10:56 Uhr -0800 22.03.2001, Larry Meyn wrote:
>I needed to do a few hacks to get Gnuplot.py version 1.5 to run under
>MacPython 2.1.  First in gp_mac.py (in the Gnuplot folder) the following
>code was changed from:
>
>class _GNUPLOT(aetools.TalkTo,
>               Required_Suite.Required_Suite,
>               gnuplot_Suites.gnuplot_Suite,
>               gnuplot_Suites.odds_and_ends,
>               gnuplot_Suites.Standard_Suite,
>               gnuplot_Suites.Miscellaneous_Events):
>    """Start a gnuplot program and emulate a pipe to it."""
>
>    def __init__(self):
>        aetools.TalkTo.__init__(self, 'GPSE', start=1)
>
>to:
>
>class _GNUPLOT(aetools.TalkTo,
>               Required_Suite.Required_Suite_Events,
>               gnuplot_Suites.gnuplot_Suite,
>               gnuplot_Suites.odds_and_ends,
>               gnuplot_Suites.Standard_Suite,
>               gnuplot_Suites.Miscellaneous_Events):
>    """Start a gnuplot program and emulate a pipe to it."""
>
>    def __init__(self):
>        aetools.TalkTo.__init__(self, '{GP}', start=1)
>
>(Note the use of Required_Suite.Required_Suite_Events and '{GP}' )
>
>I also needed to modify Required_Suite.py in the MacPython 2.1
>distribution.  It had no methods for open,
>print, run, and quit so I copied them from Standard_Suite.py (I don't know
>if this is the best solution, but
>it was expedient.)  Following these changes the set up and demo scripts in
>Gnuplot seemed to run fine.

There is 2 Required_Suite modules in the distribution; one in the directory
Mac:Lib:lib-scriptpackages:StdSuites and ahother one in
Mac:Lib:lib-scripting. The one in StdSuites does not have declarations for
open,print, run and quit. The one in the other one does, but it does not
have any declaration for Required_Suite_Events.

So I did the modifications (no copy from Standard_Suite) and run it (using
the module in lib-scripting). An AttributeError was prompted (no
Required_Suite_Events found).

And another question: is that normal Numerical not being installed in
Extensions?

Thanks,
Aureli

Aureli Soria Frisch
Fraunhofer IPK
Dept. Pattern Recognition

post: Pascalstr. 8-9, 10587 Berlin, Germany
e-mail:aureli@ipk.fhg.de
fon: +49 30 39 00 61 50
fax: +49 30 39 17 517