[Pythonmac-SIG] Python for Mac OS X (again)

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 15:17:35 +0200

On Friday, August 2, 2002, at 02:43 , Tony McDonald wrote:
> As a test for myself, I downloaded the wx python framework and installed
> that, I tried to build the IDE in the old way as '% python2.2
> BuildIDE.py',
> but got an error that PythonInterpreter was not found on sys.path. I'll
> have
> a dig around and see if I can get that to work when I get a spare hour
> or
> two.

I haven't used BuildIDE.py, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is
OS9-only. From the current CVS I use the following to build the IDE (but
this is a fast-moving target, so what was needed at the time the
wxpython framework distribution was created I don't remember anymore,
and may well be different):
	pythonw Mac/scripts/BuildApplet.py --output
/Applications/PythonIDE.app --noargv Mac/Tools/IDE/PythonIDE.py

I think you really need pythonw even though BuildApplet doesn't have a
GUI when run from the commandline, because pythonw knows where the
applet template is.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -