[Pythonmac-SIG] AppleEvent examples

Bill Bedford billb@mousa.demon.co.uk
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:17:04 +0100

At 3:13 pm -0700 09/08/02, Robin Siebler wrote:

>I'm trying to learn how to automate some tasks in CodeWarrior using
>MacPython.  Well, really, I'm trying to puzzle out how to do them in
>AppleScript and then pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to
>convert what works in AppleScript into something that works in
>MacPython (if only autocomplete worked on the Mac, that would help).
>Are there any examples anywhere of using MacPython and AppleEvents?

Not really, I've found that it is usually better to use python
directly and only attempt the Apple events when you really need to
communicate with an application.

If you post what you are trying to do, I will try to help, though I
have no knowledge of CodeWarrior.

--

Bill Bedford

A streaker streaks, and a nation shrugs at a saucer like disk in the sky
A stag weekend is a poor weekend if the army is not on standby