[Pythonmac-SIG] <no subject>

Byron Formwalt ByronFormwalt@aaahawk.com
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 18:47:03 -0400

In IDLE, after partially entering a function call, a tooltip appears with a
function descriptor.  This is a handy feature.  Unfortunately, key-window
focus is removed, so that you cannot continue typing until after clicking
the mouse in the window to make it key and front.  The version info is
listed below with an example of what I'm talking about.  No response
requested from the group.  I just wanted to document the problem, and
hopefully it can be fixed relatively easily for future releases.

Python 2.2.1 (#2, Aug 10 2002, 16:01:08)
[GCC 2.95.2 19991024 (release)] on darwin
IDLE 0.8 -- press F1 for help
>>> from Tkinter import *
>>> root = Tk(
              ^
              |Here is where the auto help tip appears.

Thanks,
Byron