[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Building Embedded Applets & Applications on OS X

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:46:30 +0200

On zondag, augustus 11, 2002, at 04:56 , Byron Formwalt wrote:
> Eventually I discovered the scripts for freezing and building
> applets/applications.  I manually copied these into the framework
> site-packages directory.  Then I executed `python BuildApplication.py
> /Users/formwalt/helloworld.py` from the command line.

BuildApplication won't work for unix-Python yet. There's a
couple of reasons for this, if you want the details check the
archives for this mailing list, about a month ago this was
discussed.

But BuildApplet will work. At least, if you're building from CVS
it will (there were a coupld of pretty recent changes to make it
work). It has also gotten a command-line interface recently.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -