[Pythonmac-SIG] Applescript Example

Bill Bedford billb@mousa.demon.co.uk
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:12:54 +0100

At 9:52 am -0700 13/08/02, Robin Siebler wrote:

>I am trying to figure out how to convert the below AppleScript line
>into something Python/CodeWarrior can deal with.  I'm new to
>AppleScript (which might be a part of the problem), I don't have a
>*clue* as to how things are laid out in the package (or whatever for
>CodeWarrior).  Could someone tell me *how* I would go about
>converting the below line into Python, i.e. what I need to be
>looking for?  Here is the line:
>
>set dText to (get text of document 1)  -- of CodeWarrior.

See my reply of yesterday

dText = cw.get(CodeWarrior.text(CodeWarrior.document(1)))

but you can do it just as easily and quicker by using python's open()

--

Bill Bedford

A streaker streaks, and a nation shrugs at a saucer like disk in the sky
A stag weekend is a poor weekend if the army is not on standby