[Pythonmac-SIG] Using the HTML help?

Robin Siebler Robin.Siebler@palmsource.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:50:18 -0700

If you download the HTML docs from python.org and set an environmental =
variable PYTHONDOCS to the locations of the HTML docs, you can get help =
in the interactive window.  For instance typing help('for') would give =
you help on the FOR command.  All of this is mentioned in the Python =
docs.  However, there doesn't appear to be the equivalent of an =
environmental variable for MacPython.  There should be a setting for =
this in EditPythonPrefs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Jansen [mailto:Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 1:44 PM
To: Robin Siebler
Cc: pythonmac-sig@python.org
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Using the HTML help?

On donderdag, augustus 22, 2002, at 12:22 , Robin Siebler wrote:

> I installed the HTML help so that I could use it in the=20
> interactive window.  For the command-line version of Python,=20
> this works fine.  However, it doesn't work for MacPython.  What=20
> do I have to do to get this to work?

Robin,
you've lost me here, or probably you know something about a new=20
exciting Python feature that I'm not aware of. What do you mean=20
by "HTML help", the HTML version of the Python docs? Something=20
else? How do you use it from commandline Python? What happens if=20
you try to do the same in MacPython? Which version of Python?
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -