[Pythonmac-SIG] Private frameworks - BINGO!

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:25:39 +0200

On vrijdag, augustus 23, 2002, at 11:16 , Tony Lownds wrote:
> The shared modules in lib-dynload also refer back to the
> framework. When trying things out do an "import array"...

Hmm, that could be showstopper...

They refer back to the framework because you can't specify a
framework as the bundle_loader (which is what I really wanted to
do). Bummer...

Unless someone has a real bright idea (and don't even think of
suggesting we link extensions with a flat namespace:-) I think
we have to live with the framework living in one of the standard
locations. It is probably also the end of any aspirations at
BuildApplication for OSX-Python.

[thinks a while]
That is: what would happen if the shared modules also referred
to the framework with the @executable cookie? If by any chance
the cookie would be replaced by the pathname of the *hosting*
application (i.e. python) then it might still work...

Anyone feels like trying this out?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -