[Pythonmac-SIG] Private frameworks - BINGO!

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:19:21 -0400

I don't think this is a showstopper at all...

You have full control over all this stuff for post-startup dynamic
linking..  It's trivial for python to stuff whatever it needs to stuff
into DYLD_* environment variables when it's bootstrapping the
interpreter.. python surely can figure out where its own framework is if
it started up correctly.  I really think this is a non-issue, you just
have to make sure python itself starts, because we've already
demonstrated that if the "otool path" is incorrect it'll search through
the default framework paths (or, if documentation serves us correctly,
whatever they're overrided with via the environment).

-bob