[Pythonmac-SIG] Odd Problem w/Jaguar

Benjamin Schollnick junkster@rochester.rr.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:34:13 -0400

Jack & Everyone,

    I've run into a problem, but I'm not positive of the cause...

    I just finished install Jaguar...

    Well, I have MacPython (v2.21) installed on a different hard drive...
    So I attempted to run a python app from the Python Interpreter (Drag &
    Drop)...

    But it doesn't seem to work, the output window comes up, waits a second
    and goes to terminated... No tracebacks, etc.

    Has anyone else seen this?

    The file is *not* saved in a Unix or MS-DOS CR/LF format... I've checked
    in BBEDIT....

    I've modified the program to write a simple text line out immediately,
    with no change...

    I believe this was happening before my Jaguar install, but I don't
    usually do development on this machine.

    Of note, if I do a buildapplication and manually select the Carbon core
    the resulting application will work....

        - Benjamin