Fwd: [Pythonmac-SIG] Private frameworks - BINGO!

Dan Grassi dan@grassi.org
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:31:29 -0400

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 07:25 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> I think we have to live with the framework living in one of the
> standard locations.

Keep in mind that Apple is installing Python with OS X.  Thus other
install locations will just install an _additional_ Python.  With the
versioning system present in frameworks multiple versions can be easily
be installed already.  Why do we wnat to confuse this standard behaviour?

IMO we should just be updating the already present Python, not
installing additional Pythons in various places, this will just create
confusion.  We should follow Apple's lead.  Perhaps this is why Apple
has created these restrictions on Frameworks.

Dan