[Pythonmac-SIG] Patch to enable sys.setdlopenflags() on MacOSX

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.nl
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 00:34:51 +0100

I put a patch on sourceforge, #511962, which enables
sys.setdlopenflags() on MacOSX. The only values you can pass are
0 (the default, dynamic modules are each loaded into their own
private symbol namespace) and 0x100 (modules are loaded into the
process' global symbol namespace, so they can refer to eah
other's symbols).

As the API is compatible with Linux I hope this solves the
problem of the people who want a global namespace, could they
please apply the patch and see whether it works?

As I myself think this is a hack upon a hack, could people with
Strong Opinions (you know who you are:-) please tell (a) me to
commit the patch, (b) me to change the patch, or (c) the people
addressed in the previous paragraph to not do what they're
doing:-)
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -