[Pythonmac-SIG] Python RAD tools

Doug Landauer landauer@got.net
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:44:38 -0800

>I'm going to keep working on Viper on my own for a while.

Please do come up with a different name.   Vyper is the name
of John Skaller's python implementation (written in OCaml).
Currently stalled, unfortunately...
   http://vyper.sourceforge.net/

As I understand it, your project includes a GUI element
where the GUI description is in a language embedded within
XML.  Other projects that you might wish to become familiar
with (if only to see and avoid the problems that they may
have run into) would be GLADE and XUL ...

GLADE  http://glade.gnome.org/index.html

  Glade is a free user interface builder for GTK+ and GNOME.
  [...]  Glade can produce C source code itself. C++, Ada95,
  Python & Perl support is also available, via external tools
  which process the XML interface description files output by
  Glade...

XUL   (just do a Google search for XUL)  was, I believe, the
  first XML-based GUI language...

  XUL Tutorial    http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/

    This tutorial guides you to learning XUL (XML-based
    User-interface Language) which is a cross-platform language
    for describing user interfaces of applications.

Good luck!

 -- Doug