[Pythonmac-SIG] Python-"Services" on OS X?

Adam Eijdenberg adam@switchedonsoftware.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:07:51 +1100

> I'd really like to write a few "services" for OS X with Python
> as the primary implementation language, but I'm not sure this
> is already possible? Maybe someone could drop a few lines only,
> saying if it is or when to expect it?

If this hasn't yet been done, then something that would be kind of cool
would be a service that takes the current selection, evaluates it as
Python code and replaces it with the output.

This shouldn't be too hard to implement, but I know nothing about
services. Might have a look though if no one has already done this.

Once this were done, such as architecture could be extended to instead
take the selection, apply an arbitrary python function to it (ie, one
that you wrote) and replace the selection with the result.

Has any work on such a service been started?

Kind regards,
Adam Eijdenberg
Switched on Software

adam@switchedonsoftware.com