[Pythonmac-SIG] Umpteen styles of Aqua UI programming - need examples

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:31:52 +0100

Folks,
it seems we now have a large choice of ways to program an Aqua interface:
- Old-style resource based, with or without Framework
- W
- IB with Carbon? (not sure if that works yet)
- AppleScript Studio?
- Adam's Vyper
- Tkinter
- wxWindows to come soon
- IB with ObjC interface module to come at some point in the future.

How about picking a single simple example, like Apple's own currency converter
example, and building that with all the various toolkits we have, so that we
can all see what the advantages and drawbacks of the various methods are?
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>        http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma Goldman -