[Pythonmac-SIG] OSX Multiprocessor - tentative fix available

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:32:15 +0100

Folks,
after Alexandre's work to make GUSI safe on OSX multiprocessors I've
created a new PythonCoreCarbon that should work on multiprocessors. At
least, that's the theory:-)

If some people with an OSX multiprocessor machine could test this that
would be great, and please report back here. MacPython 2.2.1 shouldn't
be too far off, and it would be really great if we could include this
fix.

Here's the procedure to follow:
- Download MacPython 2.2 and install, if you haven't already done
so. This will probably already fail during ConfigurePythonCarbon or
else the resulting MacPython will hang quickly.
- Download
http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/newer/PythonCoreCarbon.sit,
unpack and put the resulting PythonCoreCarbon in your Python folder.
- Run ConfigurePythonCarbon again.

Now, everything should work.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>        http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution -- Emma Goldman -