[Pythonmac-SIG] OSX Multiprocessor - tentative fix available

Jörg Kantel joerg@kantel.de
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:40:09 +0100

On 15.01.2002 at 22:32 Uhr, jack@oratrix.nl (Jack Jansen) wrote:
>If some people with an OSX multiprocessor machine could test this that
>would be great, and please report back here. MacPython 2.2.1 shouldn't
>be too far off, and it would be really great if we could include this
>fix.
>
>Here's the procedure to follow:
>- Download MacPython 2.2 and install, if you haven't already done
>so. This will probably already fail during ConfigurePythonCarbon or
>else the resulting MacPython will hang quickly.
>- Download
>http://www.cwi.nl/ftp/jack/python/mac/newer/PythonCoreCarbon.sit,
>unpack and put the resulting PythonCoreCarbon in your Python folder.
>- Run ConfigurePythonCarbon again.

I did it on a two processor Mac G4 and it works. But it seems that the Python
Interpreter is very slow at startup and either I'm to impatient at the moment
(it's nearly midnight here in Europe) or the tests hangs by test_longexp.

But both the IDE and the Interpreter works and some little testscripts worked,
too.

Congratulations
J"org
--