[Pythonmac-SIG] Knock me over with a spoon! [was: getting at the XML in nib files]

Bob Savage bobsavage@mac.com
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:22:33 -0600

on 1/18/02 6:52 AM, Steven Majewski wrote:

> Yes. I'll draft a brief tutorial (with a couple of links to some
> StepWise articles that explain some of the plumbing).

Excellent! I think your findings are fascinating, but I haven't been able to
get a handle on the way of PyObjC yet.

> as you can see from the messages above, the targets in the nibs
> didn't match up with any of the classes in Python.

So you think we can create an interface in IB, then create a class in python
which has methods and properties with names which will match the actions and
outlets of the nib file. Then

 theNibFile.nibInstantiateWithOwner_( thePythonObject )

will run the application? Or did you mean that we would do something to the
sharedApplication to set thePythonObject as its delegate, then instantiate
as you described?

Bob