[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Carbon Tkinter/Python 2.2

Christopher Smith csmith@blakeschool.org
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:14:20 -0600

>From: "Schollnick, Benjamin" <Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com>
>Crazy question...
>
>Are any of you running Multiprocessor systems?

no, just regular 9.2.1

>And what version of the Carbon Libraries are you folks using?

I had an older verion (1.4, I think). I now installed 1.5.  Here is the
behavior that I note now (though this may not be due to library changes,
just a different sequence of user events):

I drop the recon.py script on the interpreeter

I do not see any cursor

==> If I press a key then the Pointer cursor appears but I can't do
anything with it in the console. I *can* however, collapse the window.  I
can also select the interpreter's window which makes it active, but then
when I reclick on the console's window it doesn't come forward but it can
still be collapsed.  Furthermore, if I click in the menu bar (anywhere)
the program crashes with a 1010 error.  (After doing this several times,
the system finally crashed as well with a bomb and error 10.)

==> If I click the mouse first, the cursor does not appear until the
second click. I can successfully navigate between text boxes but when the
mouse gets down in the check box region, it disappears but remains active
(so I can blindly click on the check boxes even though I can't see the
cursor).  I can get the "event delayed" behavior that Jack noted by
clicking on the desktop first AND THEN clicking in the console.  If I
anticipate where the console is going to be and move my mouse there before
it disappears, then I can sussessfully navigate the window as I started
this paragraph by saying.

/c