[Pythonmac-SIG] Python Reentrant?

Jon Bradley jbradley@thinqinteractive.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:59:12 -0500

Does anyone know forsure whether or not Python 2.2 is reentrant?  I was
posed this question and just got a free moment to type up an e-mail to ask
you all.

We're embedding Python and will want to be able to have more than one thread
evaluating a Python expression at one time.

I'm all sorts of looking forward to a positive answer.

Another 'simple' question ... with embedding again.  How can I return focus
to my application after creating/using modal dialogs or windows within the
embedded interpreter?  On evaluating a script with windows, everything works
fine until the window is closed, then I can't get back to the application.
Odd, and I don't know what may be the problem (or what I need to do to
return focus).

thanks in advance,

Jon