[Pythonmac-SIG] install problems

Bruce Sherwood bas@andrew.cmu.edu
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:02:13 -0500

In the service of the VPython project (http://vpython.org), we are trying
to compile Python 2.2 from source on a Mac. "Out of the box" we can't get
compiles to work.

We take the source for Python 2.2 and for GUSI2, and try to build using
Metrowerks 7.0. We can't get GUSI to build because we get lots of compile
errors. We can't build Python because it needs to link some missing GUSI
libraries.

We also got Python by CVS from sourceforge and tried to build, but an
attempt to build gives large numbers of errors talking about missing files.
The project settings for access paths in fact look wrong, listing only
(Project): and (Compiler):.

We thought we saw various statements about being able to compile "out of
the box" (and also that the CVS download would give us everything,
including GUSI files). Help?

Thanks.

David Andersen and Bruce Sherwood