[Pythonmac-SIG] Extensions for static versus frame

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
17 Jul 2002 10:17:34 +0100

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com> writes:

> yes, it is. Just and myself had a session of heavy MachoPython
> design last week, and here's what we've come up with. please
> comment.

A thought I had a while back.  Feel free to ignore it.

What is the current opinion on extension modules?  Currently they tend
to end up deep down in

/Libary/Frameworks/Python.framework/.../site-packages/

Wouldn't it be nice if one could build a loadable bundle type thing
that could be installed alongside the framework, or in

/Library/Application Support/Python

or somewhere?  This could include headers for e.g. Numeric.

Cheers,
M.

--
  $ head -n 2 src/bash/bash-2.04/unwind_prot.c
   /* I can't stand it anymore!  Please can't we just write the