[Pythonmac-SIG] Need to hand-compile expat on OS X? (Fwd: [XML-SIG] Strange install issue)

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:38:40 -0700

[localhost:~/dev/Python-2.2.1] doug% find . -name '*expat*'
./Doc/lib/libpyexpat.tex
./Lib/test/output/test_pyexpat
./Lib/test/test_pyexpat.py
./Lib/xml/parsers/expat.py
./Lib/xml/sax/expatreader.py
./Modules/pyexpat.c
./PCbuild/pyexpat.dsp

The expat sources aren't part of the (main) Python source distribution
(at least not the one I downloaded), so after building Python I build
and install PyXML-0.7.1 and all is well.

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt
work:  dwyatt@apple.com  (CoreAudio)

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
	-- Albert Einstein

--
Doug Wyatt
work:  dwyatt@apple.com  (CoreAudio)
personal:  doug@sonosphere.com   http://www.sonosphere.com

"Live to learn to live."
	-- Sign at Wat Chedi Luang, Chiang Mai, Thailand