[Pythonmac-SIG] mysqldb on mach-o python?

Bob Ippolito bob@redivi.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:40:30 -0400

On Thursday, July 25, 2002, at 11:34 PM, Ross M Karchner wrote:

> Has anyone been able to build mysqldb on OS X? I am using the binary
> mach-o python distributed by the people doing the wxPython port,
> version 2.2.1
>
> I try to build it and get this output:

-snip-

> I am able to get the gcc command to work by hand by removing the -c and
> escaping the space in Power Macintosh--2.2 with a backslash. If someone
> has a way to skip the build process, make it work, or simply has a link
> to a precompiled version I can drop in, I'd love to hear about it.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Pretty sure the April dev tools have a gcc link, if not do this:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gcc2 /usr/bin/gcc

If that doesn't work, very likely you don't have April dev tools.. I
suggest going ahead and getting them... but if you're against it, just
make a link from cc to gcc, it'll make life easier.

As far as the space escaping and stuff goes, that's not the problem..
that's just the way distutils prints it out, it's not exactly what you
would type if you were to spit it into a shell (but sometimes it is).

-bob