[Pythonmac-SIG] porting PyOpenGL to Mac OS X

Andrew Straw andrew.straw@adelaide.edu.au
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:06:18 +0930

I've got some of PyOpenGL to build on Mac OS X and submitted a patch to
the  project.  This patch only implements extra_link_args, but it fixes
enough to get the OpenGL.GL module compiled and working.  Swig is a bit
much for me, and I read somewhere that everything in the PyOpenGL
project uses Swig 1.3a5, so that's what I use.

Anyhow, I just had luck building Tkinter, pygame and SDL, and (limited
parts of) PyOpenGL from source yesterday, so things are looking good.

Incidentally, does anyone have problems with button clicks not being
passed through to the app with Tkinter on Mac OS X? For example, if I
have a Tkinter.Button, I can click on it with my mouse, it turns blue,
but the callback I registered never gets called.  I'm planning on
investigating this further, but if anyone knows what's going on, it
would save me some effort.