[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Pythonmac-SIG] SciPy

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:26:28 +0100

On Monday, March 4, 2002, at 03:57 , Marcel Prastawa wrote:

> On Monday, March 4, 2002, at 07:43 , Jeff Whitaker wrote:
>
>> Marcel:  Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, when I remove the
>> "-flat_namespace" and "-undefined suppress" flags I get lots of
>> undefined
>> ... [snip] ...
>> I wonder how you avoided this?
>
> The symbols are defined in the Python executable. You should link the
> extension to it by using the -bundle_loader flag.
> Ex: cc ... -bundle_loader /sw/bin/python.exe
> Adding it to BLDSHARED/LDSHARED in the Makefile should get it to work.

Only add it to LDSHARED. This BLDSHARED/LDSHARED stuff had me baffled
for a while, but it turns out to be really simple: BLDSHARED is used
only when building an extension module during the normal core build
process (hence the "B"), and LDSHARED is used otherwise (i.e. when using
distutils on an already installed Python). To make understanding even
more difficult some of the rules that makedepend added to the makefile,
which turn out not to be used anyway, use LDSHARED where they should use
BLDSHARED.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -