[Pythonmac-SIG] Wanted: working example of CFBundleTypeRole Shell

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 14:30:03 +0100

On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 11:09 , Jack Jansen wrote:

> Folks,
> does anyone know of an OSX program that actually uses the
> CFBundleTypeRole of "Shell" in its .plist and actually has it working?

Contacted Apple support about this, and it turns out the Shell role is
not implemented at all. They are going to fix the documentation.

I'm going to think about the problem a bit more: it's solved for the
command line case already, and for the finder case (doubleclicking a .py
file) I'm not so sure anymore that what you want if you double click a
.py file is running it, a case could be made that you really want to
open it in the IDE.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -