[wxPython-mac] Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Wanted: working example of CFBundleTypeRole Shell

Robin Dunn robin@alldunn.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 08:09:26 -0800

> > I'm going to think about the problem a bit more: it's solved for the
> > command line case already, and for the finder case (doubleclicking a
> > .py file) I'm not so sure anymore that what you want if you double
> > click a .py file is running it, a case could be made that you really
> > want to open it in the IDE.
>
> Couldn't it be set up so that in the Finder case, when you double-click
> on a .py file, the Python.app bundle would actually pass the script and
> its arguments to the command line interface, then shut down?

What about setting up a new file extension for this behaviour?  For example
a .pya for python application, or reuse the .pyw from MSW?

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman