[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython IDE 1.0.1 -- Is this a bug?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:40:03 +0100

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 01:18 , Steven Majewski wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Bruce Robbins wrote:
>
>> Try running this AS A SCRIPT in the MacPython IDE v.1.0.1:
>>
>> list = [33, 44, 55, 66]
>>
>> for each in list:
>>   print each,
>>

>> Make sure you include the comma after the print each statement.
>> Then try it without the comma.
>>
>> No output in the output window when run with the comma -- until
>> the script is run again without the comma!
>>

>   If you append either:
>

> print
>
>   or
>
> import sys; sys.stdout.flush()

The latter is the correct fix, I think. And really the IDE should do
this for you, but
I don't really know when: when a script finishes? When we get back into
the main loop?
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -