[Pythonmac-SIG] JR's Python problem solved...

JR jharmon@adobe.com
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:51:00 -0800

> my first guess is that you get two different versions of "module",
> maybe because there's one in the folder where your script lives (the
> folder where the script lives gets prepended to sys.path, but that
> doesn't happen when you run interactively.

UDaMan Jack!

You were right.  It was importing an old (backup) module that happened to be
in the .py script's folder.  Is there a way one can configure MacPython such
that it doesn't do this (i.e., picks up resources in the app's dir _before_
the script's dir)?

On to bigger and better (and less perplexing) debugging activities,
JR