[Pythonmac-SIG] Python and resource forks under Mac OS X

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:46:16 +0100

On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 19:29 Europe/Amsterdam, Lars Damerow wrote:
> I sent this question to comp.lang.python and got no response, so I'll
> target a
> narrower audience. :)
>
> Do the resource fork manipulation tools in the standard library work
> under
> OS X?

Under MacPython 2.2.X everything should work fine, but you have to
remember to use
mac style :-separated pathnames.

Under unix-Python 2.2.X things are messy. Some routines expect
mac-style pathnames,
some expect unix-style pathnames. I'm still hunting these down, so if
you find
instances where a mac-style pathname is required please file a
sourceforge bug report.

http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -