[Pythonmac-SIG] Another build question: ssl?

Dan Wolfe dkwolfe@pacbell.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:03:48 -0800

Looks like you're right... there's nothing in the man pages - ld, cc,
or libtool - that indicates the current linker understands .so files...
and given that my original objection based on seeing the search pattern
go from .so, .dylib, .a to .dylib, .a, and the linker not understanding
.so files, I'll change my position. : -)

I also did a closer review of your non configure file patches, I'd
hazard a guess that while they're not needed for the ssl problem, we
are going to need them as they appear to fix problems that we have yet
to run into...

Have you considered that, by changing the configure file with "Darwin*)
   SO=.dylib;;" you apparently no longer have to have the dylib blocks
in unixcompiler.py find_library_file function? with SO = .dylib, it now
executes the 'shared' block and ignores the 'dylib' block?  It probably
be a good idea to remove this cruft...

And last, it doesn't look like your patch got uploaded to source forge
- can you upload it up again?

Thanks for taking the time to convince me,

- Dan