[Pythonmac-SIG] Okay folks--show me how and I'll write it up...

Brian Lenihan brian_l@mac.com
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:03:48 -0800

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 01:36  PM, Daniel Lord wrote:

I'm in the middle of packing, so I'll have to make this brief.

> 2) osam looks interesting but...the project file is corrupted so I
> don't have a template of what to include to build it. Any docs any
> where?

My advice is to forget about osam.  It was written as part of our
internal build system (which is now named ribosome and available at
helixcommunity.org) and we stopped using it in favor of
osascript/osacompile.  If you really want osam, we can probably send
you an updated version, albeit with a CW7 project file.

The man pages for osacompile and osascript should get you headed in the
right direction.

> 3) Is any of this fixed in 2.3a0--I retrieved it from CVS yesterday
> but hesitate to install it and ruin my framework install or,
>  worse yet, pester you all with defects I induced by doing that.

If you want to use AquaTK, you will find the going much easier with
2.3a0, although there are plenty of pointers in the archives for using
AquaTk with 2.2.x.